- Opportunity to work with a supportive and flexible employer
- Create opportunities for people with disability to access their community
- Various Part-Time Permanent Positions available approx.10 hours per fortnight with opportunities for increased hours in the future.
- Level 1.1 and 2.1 (SCHCADS)
Making a positive impact and facilitating community linking, friendship’s and connections for people with disability and providing opportunities for individuals to access their community
SANDBAG is a community organisation that creates opportunities for people to make community connections. SANDBAG’s Disability Support Workers provide supports and opportunities for individuals within the North Brisbane Area. Our clients are from diverse cultural and social backgrounds and life-styles. They are individuals who have varied and different life experiences, learning, physical abilities and skills.
We are looking for a flexible, experienced and committed person. The position requires a highly motivated person to provide emotional and practical support consistently to meet and assist individuals to achieve their dreams and aspirations in life. You will have the opportunity to learn and evolve as part of a growing team of support workers who facilitate the delivery of high quality services and achieve positive outcomes for people. You will receive ongoing support and training to assist in your personal and professional development within your role.
Applicants selected through the recruitment process will undertake a series of client specific assessments to determine their suitability for the role and to ensure they are set up with the right skills and knowledge to succeed in the role. The role demands a patient and kind approach and an ability to place the needs of others first.
Hours are flexible and require week day, week-end and evenings to meet the needs of the individual.
The Successful Candidate will also have:
- Relevant industry qualification and or experience
- A current National Police Clearance (Blue and Yellow Card) or willingness to obtain.
- A current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificate or willing to obtain within probation period.
- A current Driver License and roadworthy vehicle.
- Ability to work various shifts (day, afternoon and evenings).
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals with complex needs.
For a copy of the Position Description, Application Form and for further information contact Janette Allan on 3269 0277 Ext 2. Applicants must submit an Application Form, Resume and a Cover Letter to email@example.com
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and People with a Disability are encouraged to apply.