||Manager – SEED Social Enterprise
||SEED Parks & Property Management
||CEO – SANDBAG Inc
Marketing & Admin Officer
Others as relevant
||A competitive salary will be negotiated with the appropriate candidate commensurate with their experience and ability to lead and grow SANDBAG’s SEED Social Enterprise.
||Permanent role (6 months probation)
Full time hours (flexible)
||Sandgate Community Centre, Rainbow Street, Sandgate & other offices and outreach locations
|Essential Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated management, leadership (senior level), and business development experience ideally in a trades/services business – with the ability to manage and lead individual teams
- Experience in horticulture and parks maintenance service delivery
- Demonstrated change management experience
- Experience in a social enterprise highly desirable
- High level business and financial analysis experience and expertise
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial nature – ability to seek, research and develop new opportunities
- High level of customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and EQ
- Current Driver’s Licence and own car
SANDBAG Inc. OBJECTIVES
Sandgate and Bracken Ridge Action Group (known as SANDBAG) is an independent, not for profit, community based and managed organisation, which works to assist and connect people with opportunities and supports within the North Brisbane Area. With physical locations at Sandgate and Bracken Ridge the organisation responds to the needs of local communities by offering a range of supports, resources, services and business activities within an open and inclusive environment.
SANDBAG Inc. values the importance of relationships and a collaborative approach, working closely with others in the community including community organisations, local businesses and volunteers.
Community is at the heart of our work as we strive to fulfil our vision: “Diverse and Resilient Communities where people Connect, Share and Grow.”
This position will grow the SEED Parks & Property Maintenance ‘for purpose’ social enterprise business through their contribution of strong business management and leadership skills.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide day to day operational management and leadership for SEED Parks & Property Maintenance
- Secure new business opportunities to expand SEED through tenders and commercial contracts with Government and the private sector.
- Drive sustainable growth that enables SEED to increase its positive impact for employees, clients, and the broader community
- Nurture a great values-driven workplace culture based on respect, trust, collaboration, and cooperation
- Ensure quality service delivery
- Grow our client base and identify opportunities for expansion through collaboration and integration across the organisation
- Develop operational plans and forecasts considering all variables and impacts such as seasonality and including setting and maintain of KPIs
- Create and nurture a development and learning culture with appropriate workplace support mechanisms
- Oversee and manage all aspects of operations including quotes, tendering, contract negotiation; human resources; budget formulation, preparation, monitoring, control and reporting
- Improve and implement robust systems and processes to increase operational quality and efficiency, with particular regard to improving our responsiveness, reducing unnecessary administration, streamlining and integrating systems, and removing duplication of efforts
- Develop and implement relevant policies, procedures and practices to comply with legal, contractual, WH&S and/or quality assurance requirements and manage risk
- Comply with SANDBAG policies and practices and work collaboratively to actively and positively exemplify and contribute to the organisations vision and values
- Build and maintain an awareness in the local communities and with key stakeholders of the positive contribution that Sandbag makes to the communities that it serves
- Assist the CEO as required
Please apply online at seek.com.au, submitting your Cover Letter and resume before 5PM Friday 14th August 2020.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please call Philip Brookes, CEO – phone: (07) 3869 3244