How can SANDBAG help me?
SANDBAG can help with:
- Advice on finding, changing or keeping a job
- Resume writing
- Assistance with job applications
- Interview tips and preparation
- Approaching employers and searching for vacancies
- Negotiation of wage subsidies with potential employers
- Access to workplace modification funding
- Disability specific education and training in your workplace
What will happen when I get a job?
The support doesn’t stop once you’ve got the job! SANDBAG will support you on the job for as long as you need throughout your journey to becoming an independent worker.
Where are you?
** PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, appointments are mostly being conducted online or by telephone. Please contact our DES team to discuss your needs and do not come in to any of our locations unless specifically asked to. **
Our Disability Employment Service is available at 5 convenient locations across Brisbane’s northern suburbs, all easily accessible by public transport. You can find us at:
- SANDGATE COMMUNITY CENTRE: 153 Rainbow Street, Sandgate
- BRACKEN RIDGE NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE: 77 Bracken Street, Bracken Ridge
- NUNDAH NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE: 14 Station Street, Nundah
- PICABEEN COMMUNITY CENTRE: 22 Hoben Street, Mitchelton
- ZILLMERE COMMUNITY CENTRE: 54 Handford Road, Zillmere
Our DES team are committed to providing a quality service for participants and are ready to help you now!