The Job – Management – Contracted position – 28hrs per week
Remuneration – SCHADS Level 6. As a worker in the Not-for-profit sector you can also increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
Working conditions – Flexible working conditions may be available however the job does not suit a full time working from home arrangement.
We are an independent community-based organisation that has been working within the Sandgate and Bracken Ridge community for the past 30 years. At SANDBAG we offer a range of programs to connect people to activities, facilities and services to assist them to live safe and fulfilling lives. We believe a connected and inclusive community benefits all individuals and groups and overall enables a vibrant and healthy community.
SANDBAG’s Strategic Plan incorporating strategic thrusts for 2023/24 can be viewed on our website.
SANDBAG has developed a strong and valued reputation for supporting and connecting people in our communities within the 4017/4018 areas. Our dedicated and skilled staff are the corner stone of this success and our manager consistently ensures our strategic plan is achieved, program delivery meets grant conditions within budget and staff perform to expectation. SANDBAG has undergone significant change in recent times to ensure we are sustainable and the successful applicant needs to be a person who can manage strategically whilst being sensitive to community and staff needs and stakeholder issues.
The role and what you will contribute
The position description can be viewed on the SANDBAG website HERE.
The successful applicant will have experience in managing community-based services, which are responsive, aligned with local community needs and efficiently and professionally delivered. A sound knowledge of the social, political, policy and economic environments and their impact in the 4017/4018 communities or similar is preferred.
Why work with us?
Working for SANDBAG is a fulfilling and challenging experience. Staff and volunteers are inspired by the wonderful and valued work they do and the benefits that flow to individuals, groups and the community as a whole. We add value to all dimensions and sectors of our community to enable them to be safe, to grow and to feel included and valued as community members.
It’s vital that you review our SANDBAG website prior to applying.
Further information and Applications
- Your application including your CV detailing relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optional – The selection panel would appreciate a short video to give applicants an opportunity to showcase strengths not evident in a CV. It should be shot on your mobile telephone, NOT professionally produced and no more than 2 minutes please). We would like you to address; a) Who you are, b) Why do you want to be employed as Manager of SANDBAG, c) The challenges you expect to face in the first 6 months in the job and d) What will be your priority actions in the first month of employment. Please upload your video to your own computer in Google Docs, or Dropbox or Apple iCloud, then share the link with us by entering it into your letter and your email.
- You can download a full position description here.
Closing date and Selection process
- Application will close at midnight on 30 November 2022
- The Selection panel will review applications as they arrive and short list.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview in December and we hope to make a decision before 20 December 2022.
- Depending on notice periods, the panel would like the successful candidate to commence at SANDBAG mid-January 2023
For additional enquiries, please contact our Board Secretary, Ann Ingamells on 0422 136785 or email email@example.com
Thank you for considering a career at SANDBAG.